Sunday, January 31, 2010

Family - no place like Halifax!

I'm off to Halifax for a bit of R&R with the wee one 'little E'. It's not Newfoundland but I can tell you there are few other cities that are so welcoming!! I'm visiting with my Aunt S & Uncle C which is better than any 5-star resort! I am happy that my uncle is doing well with his MS & the stubborn streak that runs in our family seems to be doing him well, helping him keep moving!

Other than visiting with them, I am also heading to my friend who is turning 34 - where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday I was graduating high school... or university or something.
The weird thing is I don't feel older... I feel like I could be in University, starting that first crappy-paying job, or going on a awkward first-date. But my reality is that I'm not... I'm a married, mother of 2 who is currently un-employed (in case I didn't mention it earlier my former company laid me off while I was on maternity leave!!). Although I do love my life, I love my husband of almost 10 years, my 2 kiddies, and everything, just sometimes I wish I still had that exciting air of 'new-ness' that those formative early years provide!!

Guess it's like some say - I'll do it all again one day, just vicariously through my children! For now I'll have to find something new to challenge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment