Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Drink in cake form - Black Russian Cake

So... like every time I visit my Aunt S I am wined, dined & well taken care of. My Aunt & Uncle are great hostesses and I always go home with a few new recipes to try. This one I couldn't wait to try. It was my oldest friends birthday (we've been friends for 32 years - before the sand box!) and she, like many Newfoundlanders do, enjoys her White Russians!!

My aunt gave me this amazing recipe I HAVE TO share with you, not only is it tasty (& was a huge hit) it's super easy. The recipe is below & to let you know I made them into cupcakes which was a big hit, with people taking them home with them too!



Black Russian Cake

Heat oven to 350.

Put dry ingredients in a large bowl:
1 classic yellow cake mix
1 large box of instant chocolate pudding
1/2 cup white sugar

Pour wet ingredients on top:
1/4 cup Kahlua
1/4 cup vodka
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup water.

Beat 2-4 minutes. Pour into a sprayed bunt (tube) pan. Bake 50 minutes or so. Let stand 10 minutes, then invert on plate. Wait another 15 minutes, then poke cake to create small holes to absorb the glaze.

Glaze: 1/2 cup icing & 1/4 cup Kahlua
- mix & drizzle over cake (I added a LOT more icing sugar to give it a little more body - use your best judgement).

It's also really good with Cool Whip.

1 comment: