Sunday, February 14, 2010

No Place Like Home

Ah... it is so good to be back in your home. There is something really therapeutic about being in your own surroundings. I'm sure there must be studies that prove you heal quicker at home!

Although it's not as good as being home I find myself feeling like we were very well taken care of while at the hospital. I am once again in awe at our health system and the amazing health care professionals that make it work. After our weekend stay at the Children's oncology ward I was amazed at the staff there. My son was recovering from a major surgery but they treated him just as good as those children living on the ward. I also found myself once again being thankful for all I have. There are many young children and babies in Montreal and around the world fighting something much greater than trying to lose a few pounds, find something fun to wear or trying to figure out how to find time for all the amazing fun, actives they have planned. It was a very humbling experience and I have to admit that I realized I have been much too hung up lately in things that in the long run don't really matter.

Although I wonder if I will be able to make it the next week having my very active son at home where he has to stay calm, I know that after the screaming and crying (by me not him) I will find moments that make it all worthwhile - at least that's what I keep telling myself! I just need to keep remembering advice from a friend - take a moment, count backwards from 10 & then think of the glass of wine you'll have after he goes to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment