Friday, February 5, 2010

Next time Entertaining - 4 layer Pizza Dip

So everyone knows I like to entertain & I LOVE being entertained by friends!! While on my trip to Halifax my good friend Shelley (who I've know since kindergarten) had me over for a visit & served this amazing twist on the traditional sour cream/cream cheese taco dip (I've also heard it called a pizza dip because it looks like a pizza, but this one tasted like a pizza too). Her dip is served warm & she served it with multigrain Tositos, which I believe added a special something to it.

Was it good?? Let's just say THANK GOD she didn't make more of it, cause we woulda ate it all!

FIRST layer:
250ml sour cream (small container)
1 pkg cream cheese (block)
1 Tbsp mayo
*Cream together & spread onto 2 pie plates. Chill in fridge for 15 minutes.

SECOND layer:
1 can of pizza sauce (you can also use 1 jar of salsa - whatever heat you prefer hot, medium or mild)
*Spread over first layer once it has set in fridge.

THIRD layer:
mushrooms
green, yellow or red pepper
onions
tomato
pepperoni &/or salami
*Dice your choice of ingredient finely & spread over second layer

FOURTH layer:
Cheddar cheese
*Shred & spread over third layer.

- If using salsa serve cold.
- If using pizza sauce heat at 350 for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted.

I had hoped to get invited somewhere to watch the Superbowl, but that ain't happening but I plan on making this soon... just need to find someone to visit us or to invite us over! Does anyone get together anymore once they have kids???

No comments:

Post a Comment