Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Getting 'red'-y for Valentine's

A good friend 'S' gave me a surprise holiday gift (which was really a surprise & I so thoroughly enjoyed it, I started thinking why don't I do that more often... just to put a smile on someone's face). Anyway, I digress. The amazing gift was a tin full of amazing cupcake recipes & ideas for all occasions.

Amongst the amazing ideas was a recipe for Red Velvet Cupcakes - which I have heard lots about & when I've gone to a few cupcake shops they never have them! So of course I had to try them - perhaps they can be my tasty Valentine's Day treat for friends!

I have to say I had fun making them with my awesome Kitchen Aid and they were fairly easy too. My husband gave them a 7 1/2 out of 10. But sadly I have to say I hoped they would taste better after all I've heard. Don't get me wrong they were good but not orgasmic like others had stated. I was however impressed that they looked pretty good & they were red inside. Guess I'll have to try the recipe again... it always takes a few times to get a good recipe right!

2 comments:

  1. I love cupcakes - I just got a cupcake pan for my birthday. AND i got a new kitchenaid for christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift with gorgeous results! I have never tried red velvet and have been hearing so much about it lately, they look delicious.

    ReplyDelete