Friday, March 5, 2010

Who ever said "it's like riding a bike"?

I'm not sure who said that but I can tell you getting back into exercising after having stopped for a LONG time is NOT like riding a bike (as in you never forget & it's easy). If it is like riding a bike then it certainly is not like my glorious memories - which would be the equivalent to riding a tandem bike where somewhere else does all the work. Truthfully it would be more like my 2&1/2 year old son riding a bike, you can either pedal, steer or watch things as you go by, but it's entirely impossible to do all three at the same time!

I just try to keep in my mind what I tell others in similar situations... at least I'm out there. Even if I'm turning red, panting, sweating & people are staring (probably wondering if I'll pass out), at least I got off my couch & tried. There are lots of others who haven't gotten off their couches - so no matter how good I do (or how bad) I can at least be proud I tried!

1 comment:

  1. Getting off your butt and doing it is the biggest part of the battle, congrats to you for getting that part down! I'm still working on that.

    ReplyDelete