Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I don't feel like it

Like everyone I have little time any day to read blogs... so I have to make sure the ones I read are suited to my needs... and here is one that is: Seth Godin's Blog. Heralded as writing the most popular marketing blog in the world, his bestselling marketing books have been translated into over 20 languages worldwide!

Quite simply: Seth is a writer, a speaker and an agent of change.

Here is one entry from him that I thought was great:

I don't feel like it
What's it?

Why do you need to feel like something in order to do the work? They call it work because it's difficult, not because it's something you need to feel like.

Very few people wake up in the morning and feel like taking big risks or feel like digging deep for something that has eluded them. People don't usually feel like pushing themselves harder than they've pushed before or having conversations that might be uncomfortable.

Of course, your feelings are irrelevant to whether or not the market expects great work. Do the work. Ignore the feelings part and the work will follow.

If you work in marketing or want to read more just for fun check out Seth Godin's Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment