Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Can it be SPRING already??

I can't believe that it's spring already. One day we're sliding in the snow & the next I'm looking at the grass on my front lawn! More importantly I'm looking at flowers starting up out of the ground!!

I have to admit I'm not super great with flowers and prefer to work with fruits & veggies in my garden. But after having great success with garlic last year (also a bulb you plant in the fall & it comes to fruitation in the spring with no work required) I decided to try bulb flowers last fall. When I saw this beautiful greenery starting to grow I couldn't help but think it was like giving birth - with a lot less pain! You do something small that takes a few minutes in the fall when the weather is nice, wait 7-9 months & boom you get this great reward!

Now I just need to make sure my toddler doesn't haul them all up before we get to see the flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment