Wednesday, December 30, 2009

ain't I got any smarts???

Everyone I know these days is doing something other than just being a woman, an employee, a friend, etc. I can't help keep asking myself what's wrong with me??? Lots of people have side businesses built out of their hobbies or passions: photography, making soap or jewelery, or designing amazing tableware! I consider myself a fairly intelligent person so why don't I have a side business that focuses on something I love to do?? More importantly what would I do??? Now while on maternity leave is the perfect time, I can put the legwork into developing a project, only what is a passion of mine that I can actually get a tangible reward from? There seem to be more questions than answers but I have 6 months in 2010 to try & figure it out!

1 comment:

  1. Just think of something you think you would like to do and try it out, it's the only way. I sewed (got my mom to teach me), made jewelry (did a little 2 hour course at a local bead shop), and scrap booked (couldn't keep that one up because I used to look at the blank page for almost an hour before even deciding what design to use). Then I made a special birthday cake for my sis and realized that decorating cakes was what I really loved to do. Utilize the people around you who have hobbies and try things that way (my bead obsession got a bit expensive, thankfully I still do it sometimes). I think everyone can find their hidden perfect hobby, but you really have to dig deep and look hard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete