Friday, April 23, 2010

No place like home... when your sick.

Despite a few thoughts that I may actually be crazy, I packed up a few suitcases, hopped on a few planes & came back to my roots in Newfoundland for a few weeks - yes a few weeks with my 2 kids! Minus a few mishaps (like remembering my double stroller was in the garage as I pulled up to the airport) the traveling went relatively easy - as easy as it can be traveling with an almost 3 year-old & a teething 9 month old!

Then I think my body actually realized I was back on familiar soil & could relax, because the day after arriving I got struck with the most gruesome flu bug! I was so thankful to have family around to take care of my kids - mostly because I was in & outta consciousness! It felt ok to be sick cause I knew I had help. Just like it was great today when I dropped my baby off at my aunt's so I could take my toddler swimming.

It is so nice to have my family around, I can understand why many people my age are moving back here - if my family was closer I'd never have to watch my kids! I'm also inspired, although it's a pain to get everyone together for a dinner, when I get back home I'm going to re-start weekly family dinner with my in-laws, who knows perhaps my mother-in-law will cook too!

No comments:

Post a Comment